Running a business is a challenge, with a huge number of considerations for employers, including potential regulation, employment legislation protecting employees, not to mention obligations to them in regard to health and safety at work. With the growth of technology and changes in the traditional understanding of the “workplace”, health and safety at work are an area that is complicated and legislation heavy. It is vital for employers to understand their obligations to employees, nonemployees and other people who may be present at any of their places of work.
About the Sector
- General guidance on an employers’ compliance with the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, and the numerous regulations which were enacted thereunder
- Advising on health and safety policies and procedures in the workplace
- Advising directors and senior managers in relation to their potential personal liability under the relevant legislation
- Assisting clients in any interaction with the Health and Safety Authority
- Assisting clients in proceedings/prosecutions for offences under the 2005 Act
- Assisting purchasers/vendors in a commercial transaction in their due diligence process in regard to health and safety issues
- Providing training to senior managers and directors in regard to their obligations under the 2005 Act
Our employment team have been advising on health and safety issues for several years and was formerly an advisor to the Health & Safety Authority. We have advised several large businesses on health and safety issues and provided training to directors within client businesses.
We have advised many of Ireland’s largest businesses, including a leading utility provider in relation to health and safety issues, and obligations.
Partner & Head of Employment
TEL: +353 1 639 3000
DDI: +353 1 632 3113Email: firstname.lastname@example.org