Leman Solicitors’ Employment Team are experts at advising on the employment law aspect of transactional mergers and acquisitions. We work closely with our corporate and commercial colleagues to ensure that employment law issues don’t hold up deals for our clients and to pre-empt and manage any employment law issues that require support.
About the Sector
- Advising on organisational restructuring
- Assisting with employment due diligence, review of employment contracts and documentation and the impact for Vendors/Purchasers
- Assisting organisations who are undertaking restructuring and collective redundancy exercises following business sales
- Advising on the application and impact of the Transfer of Undertaking Regulations (‘TUPE’) to business transfers and outsourcing arrangements
- Advising on information and consultation obligations under TUPE for both purchasers and vendors
- Assisting on the negotiation of commercial terms affecting employees
- Carried out employment due diligence for investor client involved in large utility investment
- Advising several multinational clients investing in business in Ireland on feasibility projects.
- Advising large pharmaceutical client on employment issues in a general service provision arrangement
- Advised a large technology company in relation to the application of TUPE and information/consultation obligations thereunder, as an incoming service provider to a large telecommunications company.
Clients of the team include several multinationals with operations across Europe, the US, Canada and Asia ranging from employers in the technology and recruitment sectors as well as financial institutions, insurance companies, ICT (Information and Communications Technology) companies, sports bodies, retailers, pharma companies, hospitality providers and a variety of small to medium businesses.