For most businesses intellectual property is a genuine business asset and for many more it is integral to its core services or products. Globalisation has benefitted many enterprises and their products, services and marketing communications can reach global audiences at relatively low cost. But this has also increased the chances of intellectual property theft. Companies of all sizes are at risk of having their unique ideas, products or services infringed by others across the globe. Intellectual property protection is a key business activity.
About the Sector
We provide trusted intellectual property protection advice to indigenous and multinational companies. We have comprehensive experience in both non contentious and contentious IP matters. Our specialist lawyers and trade mark agents each have professional qualifications from the Law Society of Ireland in intellectual property law. They assist commercial clients and their inhouse counsel in the creation, commercialisation, acquisition, exploitation, protection and enforcement of intellectual property assets.
- Advising an Irish based global online media intermediary in respect of the creation, registration, commercialisation, protection and enforcement of its intellectual property assets
- Advising a liquidator in respect of a claim by a company director to IP ownership rights to a patent the company’s primary asset
- Advising a global IT retailer in respect of the misuse of its trade mark in a comparative advertising campaign by an Irish competitor
- Advising a global clothing retailer in respect of the passing off of its trade mark by an Irish competitor
- Advising an Irish Fintech software developer in its €100m Commercial Court claim in respect of the breach of a confidentiality agreement and misuse of confidential business information by a joint venture partner
Our intellectual property protection expertise is relied on by high profile clients operating in several sectors including Fintech, RegTech, Healthcare, Financial Services, Real Estate and Construction. We advise business owners and managers from indigenous start-ups to global conglomerates and some of world’s best known brands.