Co-founded Leman Solicitors LLP in 2007, managing partner to 2018, grew team to 45, delivering growth and innovation: first paperless, fixed fee and client online access Irish law firm.
Head of Litigation and Dispute Resolution department, practising in commercial, property, construction and sports disputes.
Graduate in both Domestic Arbitration and International Arbitration in 2001/2, former committee member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Regularly appointed arbitrator in commercial disputes and representing parties in arbitration disputes. Fellow of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators since 2001. Member of Arbitration Ireland and London Court for International Arbitration (LCIA). Advocate before Disputes Resolution Authority (DRA) and Sports Disputes Solutions Ireland (SDSI).
Accredited commercial mediator by Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) in 2005. Regularly appointed mediator in commercial, property, construction and sports disputes. Former chair of Law Society’s Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Committee. Member of Irish Commercial Mediators Association (ICMA).
Established “The Future of Law and Legal Technology” symposium in 2014, an annual not for profit event attracting global thought leaders advocating innovation and change for the legal industry.
Founded LexTech Ltd, a legal tech company in 2018, creating legal tech to reduce legal/regulatory/compliance risk and cost and increase efficiency.
Co-opted to the RDS Enterprise Committee in 2020, a body that promotes thought leadership for business and entrepreneurship in Ireland.
Appointed Senior Counsel by the Government of Ireland in 2021 for expertise and experience.
University of Oxford graduate, 2021 (Strategy & Innovation).
Strategy and Innovation Consultant to legal industry: in-house, public and private practice: growth, future proofing, diversification, globalisation, technology design and adoption, innovation, cultural change, competitive advantage, exploit/explore, efficiencies, platforms and ecosystems.
Available for Non Executive Director appointments to high growth companies with international focus. Member of Institute of Directors.
An advocate for social responsibility and the Rule of Law. Founded: the “Leman Challenge”; Ballsbridge Coder Dojo; Smart Start mentoring + bursary programme; local legal education programmes in community and Investment House choir.
- Representing international client in licensing dispute with Global IT company – value €12.5m
- Advising specialist contractor on termination of bespoke construction contract – value €2.4m
- Represented hotelier in High Court injunction and subsequent Commercial Court action against another developer – value €55m
- Represented company re white collar crime allegations against employees
- Represented restaurant chain in rent dispute with institutional landlord of shopping centre – value €1.9m
- Represented tenant in dispute with M50 shopping centre landlord – value €900k
- Advised professional services firm in shareholder dispute – €600k value
- Represented client in complex Commercial Court litigation against insurers failure to Indemnify in €3.5m liability
- Advised major developer on Judicial Review strategy in Commercial Court Strategic Infrastructure Development list – commercial value €95m
- Representing global retailer in damages claim against landlord in development interruption claim – €400k
- Successfully represented Sports Governing Body in arbitration where jurisdiction of internal appellate body was challenged
- Successfully defended injunction taken by rival board faction of organisation
- Settled 10 year old latent defect High Court claim taken on behalf of major retail multiple against leading building contractor – claim value €1.1m
- Represented Sports Governing Body before Court of Arbitration for Sport in national qualification dispute
- Represented Olympic body in athlete selection disputes
- Secured settlement for business interruption claimant against international insurer in arbitration
- Represented property fund in forfeiture of hospitality tenant in landmark premises which resulted in beneficial settlement
- Represented top 3 sports governing body in complex digital gaming solution
- Advised and represented landlord on forfeiture and re-entry against retail tenant and successfully defending subsequent injunction
- Ongoing advice to large specialist contractor in largest infrastructural build in Ireland re ongoing legal issues
- Represented development company in judicial review of public procurement process – value €60m
- Represented hospitality group in judicial review of government regulations to restrict trade – value €7m
- Represented development company in judicial review of government regulations restricting construction of housing – value €40m
- Advised charitable consortium re breach of contract dispute by a member of consortium
- Represented landlord in dispute with tenant
- Represented finance consultancy in High Court and mediation re termination of contract compensation claim – value €300k
- Advised building contractor in joint venture agreement and public procurement process – value €6.5m
- Advising retail tenant in forfeiture threat from landlord
- Representing retailer landlord in service charge and rent claims against multiple tenants – value €2.5m
- Advising global media company on strategically important premises where landlord threatening ejectment – value €4m
- Representing global insurer in multi-party professional negligence claim against solicitor – value €550k
- Represented international retail tenant in dispute with local authority re noise nuisance prosecution
- Advised big 3 Sports Governing Body on sponsorship termination options
- Represented national pharmacist in Loan Provider led examinership – €14m