Gavin is a Partner in the Ogier Leman Real Estate team having previously worked in a top tier law firm in Dublin. Gavin has eight years post qualification experience and advises on all areas of commercial property with a particular focus on commercial development, property finance, acquisitions and disposals, Proptech and development land structuring. A Business and Law graduate of University College Dublin, Gavin also holds a Diploma in Finance Law and a Certificate in Conveyancing and Property Law.
Gavin has advised some of Ireland’s largest commercial property companies and regularly works with top tier Irish developers on several of their commercial property portfolios. Gavin prides himself on his common-sense approach and is very solutions-driven.
Recent work includes:
- Advising a large Irish developer in relation to the forward sale and development of a 265 Unit PRS Scheme pre-sold to an Irish Pension Investor together with advices in relation to the financing of the development with an Irish pillar bank.
- Lead Property Finance Counsel to one of Ireland’s largest retail banks. Highlights from Gavin’s continuing advices include:
- Advising on all aspects of a €18.5m facility to a retail borrower in relation to its acquisition of shares in, inter alia, one of Ireland’s most famous pubs and refinancing of debt with Bank of Ireland; and
- Advising on the refinancing of 7 commercial properties in relation to a €13m facility being refinanced by a large corporate borrower
- Advising on all aspects of a €15m combined facility to one of Ireland’s most famous hotels;
- Acting for large Irish developer in a historical and monumental pre-sale and development of Town Centre Scheme in North County Dublin.
- Re-Finance of Greenfield Site in Blackrock, Co. Dublin and pre-sale and development of 65 apartments for Local Authority.
- Acquisition of Greenfield Site in North County Dublin and the forward sale and financing of the development of a 331 Unit PRS Scheme in North County Dublin.
- Acting for one of Ireland’s largest REIT’s in a strategic acquisition of a Brownfield Site for future development;
- Advising one of Europe’s leading office supply distributors in a pre-letting of a 55,000 sq.ft newly constructed unit in Greenogue Business Park, Co. Dublin.