Elaine is a Senior Associate on Leman’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team and is also a member of the Leman Aviation Team. She has extensive commercial litigation experience covering a wide range of areas such as shareholder disputes, contractual disputes and professional indemnity actions. Elaine advises Ireland’s largest entertainment group in respect of liquor licensing of hotels, pubs, restaurants and theatres. She is also experienced in the area of payments, having worked in house with a regulated e-money institution on contractual matters.
- Acting in a high profile shareholder dispute involving multiple domestic and international property assets, allegations of misuse of company funds and offences under the English Computer Misuse Act 1990
- Acting for respondent companies in respect of Petitions presented by the English Secretary of State for Trade and Industry seeking the winding up of companies on the basis of public interest. Advising on alleged contraventions of the English Financial Services and Markets Act, 2000 in respect of whether the respondents were operating an unauthorised collective investment scheme and issues of enforceability of foreign winding up orders in Asia
- Acting on behalf of two intermediary lenders on portfolios of professional negligence actions against solicitors and valuers in relation to advice given by them in the provision of mortgages
- Advising foreign company on principles of domestic law in relation to criminal liability and how these principles affect groups of companies including where the parent company is incorporated outside of the jurisdiction
- Advising a government body as petitioning creditor in the bankruptcy of individuals
- Advising both directors and liquidators in respect of restriction applications under the Companies Act 2014