Employment law disputes are increasingly common in Ireland and something that employers must deal with regularly. Our Employment Team are experts in helping clients avoid employment litigation and managing it when it is unavoidable. We have years of experience in representing employers in employment law forums and the civil courts and take a practical and commercial approach.
About the Sector
- Advising on all aspects of investigations, grievance and disciplinary issues in order to reduce risks in potential litigation
- Advising clients in employment disputes including representation before the Workplace Relations Commission, Labour Court, and civil courts
- Advising and representing clients in all employment statutory claims including unfair dismissal, equality, protected disclosures, health and safety, payment of wages and working time-related issues
- Representing clients in High Court litigation including breach of contract claims and employment injunctions
- Advising employers in respect of post-termination matters including negotiating severance arrangements with senior executives
- The team regularly provides strategic advice to multinational clients on avoiding potential employee claims before the Workplace Relations Commission and the civil courts in Ireland
- The team recently advised:
- a large insurer in respect of breach of confidentiality and restrictive covenants by former employees and potential injunctions
- a large US multinational on an injunction brought by an employee in respect of a grievance process
- a large manufacturing company on an injunction brought by an employee in respect of a transfer of undertakings situation
- The team regularly advises businesses in respect of voluntary termination, settlement and compromise agreements
- The team is providing bespoke HR team employment law training sessions to the senior HR team of a large financial institution
- The team recently successfully represented a large US multinational in an unfair dismissal claim by a former employee
Clients of the team include several multinationals with operations across Europe, the US, Canada and Asia ranging from employers in the technology and recruitment sectors as well as from financial institutions, insurance companies, ICT (Information and Communications Technology) companies, sports bodies, retailers, pharma companies, hospitality providers and a variety of small to medium businesses.