The Insurance and Reinsurance group at Leman advises insurers, reinsurers, intermediaries, distributors, investors and industry associations in respect of regulatory and compliance obligations. The insurance industry faces significant challenges and uncertainty due to market and regulatory pressures. We are familiar with these challenges and have significant experience guiding our clients through them.
About the Sector
We advise on passporting, authorisation, compliance and corporate governance including consumer protection laws, insurance issues in transactions, insurance agreements and transactions, drafting insurance policies, agency and distribution agreements and Brexit contingency.
In doing so, we draw on expertise across the firm where we have specialists with industry leading expertise in financial services regulatory law, insurance law, payments services regulation and data protection. Our practice is built on a culture of responsiveness, performance, innovation and cost certainty.
Our despite resolution insurance offering can be found here.
Our regulatory and compliance experience includes advising insurance clients on:
- Product offerings
- Insurance administration and outsourcing
- The FSO and the Financial Services Appeals Tribunal
- Insurance contracts including distribution agreements
- Contract and policy wordings
- Codes of practice and their application to insurance and customer contracts
- Solvency requirements
- Anti-money laundering
- Enforcement actions
- Risk management/governance
- Data protection/privacy and management
- Directors’ duties and restriction applications