At Ogier Leman, we understand the increased pressure that providers of professional services are under in today’s market. We advise on all aspects of professional practice and liability, and have gained a reputation as the trusted advisers of a wide range of professions, from accountants to architects, engineers to solicitors and financial advisers.
As part of providing a complete legal service, we pride ourselves on providing specialist advice and strategic support to professionals and their insurers.
At Ogier Leman, we have developed in depth expertise in this complex and specialised area.
We have acted in large and complex claims involving architects, engineers, lawyers and accountants. We have gained considerable experience in the area, acting for a number of major insurers of professionals.
We also regularly advise on policy wordings and coverage disputes for both our Insurer and professional clients.
The team at Ogier Leman also has significant expertise in modern alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation, arbitration, and expert determination, to name but a few. This expertise allows us to provide specialist advice to clients as to how to resolve claims quickly and in the most cost effective manner.
In furtherance of our aim of transparency for clients in relation to both fees and files, we have developed a Client Extranet service, which allows client’s access to their files at any time.
Ogier Leman provides expert legal advice on all areas of professional regulation and discipline. We act for both professional bodies and those subject to professional regulation from the beginning to the completion of the matter.
Our work encompasses the following:
- Drafting/reviewing regulatory and disciplinary procedures
- Investigating allegations of professional misconduct
- Prosecuting/defending regulatory and disciplinary procedures including undertaking advocacy at the hearing where appropriate
- Advising on internal appeal procedures and judicial review actions to regulatory decisions
- Provide “Legal Assessor” role to Professional Bodies, ensuring that constitutional and natural justice are maintained in the administration of regulatory and disciplinary procedures
We provide practical and commercially viable advice on all aspects of professional risk management on both an individual basis and through regular seminars and publications.
Contact Catherine Lyons.