We represent our clients in regulatory enforcement actions ranging from major investigations and high-profile disputes, to reputational risk management and compliance issues. We specialise in advising on regulatory enforcement and corporate crime. We offer current and specialist advice to corporate clients and General Counsel hoping to navigate Ireland’s broadening financial services regulatory regime. We work with other recognised experts in their fields to effectively project manage our clients’ preparation for and ongoing compliance with the regime.
About the Sector
We advise on Fit & Proper and minimum competency requirements; Central Bank Acts; MiFID Regulations; UCITS Regulations; Investment Intermediaries Act; Prospectus Regulations; Proceeds of Crime and AML legislation; and Market Abuse Regulations. In doing so, we draw on expertise across the firm where we have specialists with industry leading expertise in finance law, financial crime prevention, payments services regulation and data protection.
Our regulatory and compliance experience includes advising financial services clients on:
- Enforcement powers and actions of the Central Bank
- The FSO and the Financial Services Appeals Tribunal
- Bank and customer contracts
- Codes of practice and their application to bank and customer contracts
- Deposit protection schemes
- Anti-money laundering
- Mis-selling financial instruments
- International cooperation on transfers of foreign assets/liabilities
- Risk management/governance
- Data protection/privacy and management
- Directors’ duties and restriction applications
- Liquidators’ duties pursuant to statute
- Payment services
We act for corporate clients, financial institutions and shareholders. Our clients range from SME’s to large global organisations that are looking for a go to accessible legal advisor.